The WHS Regulations include specific duties for a person conducting a business or undertaking
to manage the risks to health and safety associated with using, handling, generating and storing hazardous chemicals at a workplace.
The duties include:
- Correct labelling of containers
- Maintaining a register and manifest (where relevant) of hazardous chemicals
- Identifying risk of physical or chemical reaction of hazardous chemicals
- Ensuring that exposure standards are not exceeded
- Provision of health monitoring to workers
- Provision of information, training, instruction and supervision to workers
- Provision of spill containment system for hazardous chemicals if necessary
- Obtaining the current Safety Data Sheet (SDS) from the manufacturer, importer or supplier of the chemical
- Controlling ignition sources and accumulation of flammable and combustible substances
- Preparing an emergency plan if the quantity of a class of hazardous chemical at a workplace exceeds the manifest quantity for that hazardous chemicals.
Recovery Partners can provide consultancy on all these regulatory requirements with chemical management.
Our most popular services requested are:
• Risk assess a hazardous chemical and create a Safe Work procedure – we would do this as a tutorial with a nominated employee so direction can be continued in house to do the same with other high risk chemicals over a period of time.
• Conduct a general site hazard identification process, enter all identified hazards (excluding individual chemicals) into a hazard register. Risk assess all identified hazards and create risk control action plans. The hazard register is a live document where you can emulate the processes we begin and use ongoing as other hazards are identified over a period of time.
• Chemicals / Hazardous Substances Training Programs specifically developed and delivered to meet your operational needs.
Prices are tailored. Contact us to receive a quote for your organisation.
Our consultants are based at locations across Australia. Click here for our locations menu for an up to date list of our offices.
We welcome your enquiry. Call us on 1300 OHS RTW (647 789) Monday to Friday for all offices or email us on email@example.com