A Psychological Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) assesses an individuals’ capacity to perform various psychological or cognitive tasks, and offers a baseline measurement of that person’s current symptoms and fitness for work.
We use evidence-based psychometric tests that are highly valid and reliable. This allows for an objective and standardised understanding of an individual’s current function including:
- Symptom severity;
- Ability to think clearly, concentrate, and plan tasks; and
- Ability to interact with colleagues effectively.
**All assessments are performed by registered a psychologist in a controlled environment (i.e. RP office location). Additionally a report with capacity opinion is provided within 5 days of assessment.
When it's needed?
- When medical professionals/treatment providers need more clarity to guide treatment & rehabilitation
- When injured worker remains unfit for extended periods, or progression to the RTW goal is affected
- When psychological symptoms worsen or do not improve over time
- To assess psychological compensation claims
- Prior to an IME to provide objective evidence to the assessor.
For additional information with regards to this service offering, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 647 789 (1300 OHS RTW). Alternatively either Jade Deininger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alasdair Grant (email@example.com) are able to assist.